rfc2870bis editing session

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Wed Sep 30 11:02:27 MEST 2015

Lars-Johan,

The document has been in IETF LC months ago and there were, in my own words, four categories of comments:
a) a lot were related to the absence of RSSAC01. this is getting fixed.
b) useful constructive comments (particularly from Abley, Conrad, Hoffman, …), to me candidates for edits
c) constructive comments that I would reject, since they do not bring more, and may cause issues.
d) less relevant comments (that were going off the purpose of the documents

However,  as you may remember, our editing of rfc2870bis has been complicated, since every possible word was subject to debate, specially from the root server operators. The only way we both achieved the end result was to do an intensive two-way editing session, you and me.  Should we do the same to get the IETF LC edits done? Sometime in the near future?

Regards, Marc.